FirstTech has been an electronics oriented company since 1941, and a computer reseller since 1977. We have grown to be a company of more than 60 dedicated people. Our goal is to be a valuable asset for our customers, helping them select, operate and maintain their computer systems. We take pride in our relationships with our customers, our vendors, our coworkers and our community.
FirstTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA.
Are you the type who can’t wait to get their hands on the latest Apple technology? Are you the first person your friends and family ask to explain how to get the most out of their gear? If so, we have a place for you here at FirstTech!
Apple Remote Support Engineer
FirstTech is the oldest independent Apple retailer in the world and the only Apple Premium Service Provider in Minnesota. We have been selling and fixing Apple computers from day one and have been a proud Uptown neighbor for over 50 years.
We are looking for an individual who is energetic and motivated. An engineer who takes pride in their work, enjoys the satisfaction of a job well done and is skilled in supporting Apple products. The Apple Remote Support Engineer works out of our Network Operating Center in Minneapolis. This is a full time position.
A short list of knowledge and experience we are looking for:
- 1-2 years of experience providing telephone support and remote support for Apple products.
- Experience with the Casper management software from JAMF.
- Enjoy talking on the phone and helping people solve problems with their computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Excellent knowledge of Apple's operating systems and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of networks and network devices.
- Experience providing level 1 and level 2 telephone support.
- Knowledge of major desktop publishing and office applications.
- Experience with remote support, maintenance and management of production servers, backup solutions and mail servers.
- Some experience with Linux.
- It would be helpful to have experience with Microsoft's operating systems.
- Someone who can comfortably interact with people at all levels of an organization. From the entry level position to the business owner.
- A person who can explain technical solutions in non-technical language.
- A technician who is very patient and enjoys details of the day.
- A person who can bake chocolate chip cookies (no nuts).
Qualities FirstTech looks for in our team members:
- Positive, fun-lovin' people who enjoy helping others solve their technical issues.
- Ability to provide a positive, caring experience for the customer.
- Love to tinker with computers and technology.
- Ability to type and enter information into various business systems.
- Ability to lift and move around equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bake home-made chocolate chip cookies. No nuts!
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail resume to:
2640 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55408
Attention: Service Manager
None at this time.