Below you will find a number of frequently asked questions and answers for Promethean issues using Apple computers for the solutions. This FAQ is courtesy of Terri Osland, Hopkins High School District Integration Specialist.
The whiteboard is blue when I connect my computer to it?
- Check to make sure that the thick black cable (called a VGA cable) is connected between your board and your computer (if you have a Mac computer it will be connected to the white adapter and that adapter is connected to your computer).
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your screen and drag down to System Preferences. Click on Displays, click on Detect Displays.
- If after clicking on Detect Displays, it still does not work, is there an Arrangement tab in the Display preferences? If yes, click on it and then put a checkmark in front of Mirror Images.
- If the above does not work, restart your computer - that is often just the ticket.
- If nothing above works, check to make sure that the big black cable (called a VGA cable) or the white adaptor (if you have a Mac) does not have a bent pin it it. This will prevent the computer from communicating with the projector.
- If none of the above solutions work, contact Promethean Support.
I can see my computer screen on the board, but the pen doesn't work?
- Do not launch ActivInspire.
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your desktop, drag down to System Preferences. Under other, do you see an option for Activboard? If not, please contact Promethean Support.
- If yes, click on ActivBoard and then click on Calibrate. With your pen at the board, complete the calibration process by clicking on the 5 X's. If you cannot calibrate, borrow a pen from a neighbor to make sure it is not your pen that is the problem.
- After calibrating, try to close the open window (the ActivBoard preference window) and try to move around some folders or open a file or folder. Does it work? If not, contact Promethean Support. You probably will need to have your driver (a piece of software used for the computer to communicate with the board) reinstalled.
The colors on the board are so dark compared to what I see on the computer screen?
- Click on the Apple in the upper left corner of your monitor and drag down to System Preferences. Click on Displays. Click on the Color tab.
- Choose another option in Display Profile, like Generic RGB Profile. Is there an improvement in the color of the images on your board?
- If not, click on the Calibrate button and keep clicking. Continue like you know what you are doing until you get to the little slider that you can move left to right. Experiment with this because it will improve the contrast in your images. Finish this process and you will be happier.
The image on the board is wider at the bottom than at the top (or vice versa)?
- On the new Sanyo projector remotes, you will see a button that says Keystone. Click on this and use the arrow keys to manipulate the image so that it looks more like a rectangle on the board. Is this better?
- If not, you might have an older projector and you will have to click on the Menu button on the remote and look for the keystone adjustment.
- If this still does not improve your issue, contact Promethean Support.